Today an important presentation by Fashion Club Ukraine “SOStainable fashion. A way to survival or a marketing ploy?” took place at Kyiv Fashion. The chief idea of the presentation was environmental protection by means of refraining from fast fashion.
Speaker: Yuliia Kopanishyna-Otepko, journalist and PR specialist.
At the beginning of her lecture, Yuliia drew attention to the negative impact of fast fashion: clothes production takes the second place in terms of environmental pollution after oil production, since 80% of new clothes end up at the landfill. Sustainable fashion is important due to risks of 2021, famine, air pollution and insufficiency of drinking water. The main principle of sustainable fashion is “responsible consumption for preserving the life on the Earth”.
TOP 5 principles to choose goods:
- Less harm to environment;
- Most safe for health;
- Require less power and raw materials to be produced;
- Long period of expiry (excluding food);
- Have benefits for customer/seller, producer.
Consumption trends in the new world:
- Decrease of purchase frequency;
- Increasing care about health and hygiene;
- Preference to local brands;
- Fewer unplanned purchase;
- Decrease of consumption by 15% until 2023
- New presentation of price-quality ratio;
- Tendencies: health, safety, fresh, new, ready to use.
Let us be fashionable and responsible!
See you at Kyiv Fashion tomorrow, on February 4!
We promise there will be more to see and learn!